Training Classes in Reading
We are now taking bookings for our next courses, all of which begin on Thursday 7th September 2017.
Our classes fill up very quickly so please book early to be sure of a place!
Our puppy courses run for either 7 or 8 weeks
We accept puppies for training once they have finished their initial course of vaccinations. We do need to check that they are covered, so please bring the vaccination certificate with you when you first enrol.
During the classes we will show you how to train your puppy in:
- Basic obedience - sit, down and stand
- Walking nicely on the lead
- Coming when called
- Being handled and groomed
- Responding promptly to their name and to commands
- Socialisation with other dogs and with strangers
- Food manners
- Playing with toys in a controlled way
The Club has been in existence for over 35 years, so we have a great deal of experience with dogs of all types and can cater for all breeds and abilities. We cover many other exercises in our other classes, including:
- Walking on and off the lead
- Distance control
- Controlled greeting of people and other dogs
Our Senior Trainer is Ian Scutter who is a member of The British Institute of Professional Dog Trainers.